Join us for the first Cycling Otago spring classic around the Taieri in honour of James Faulding, he was a very talented cyclist and tragically killed in 2001.
This 62km romp starts in Mosgiel and traverses down to and around the Berwick Block and back via Woodside, before finishing on Wairongoa Rd by the North Taieri church.
A more detailed interactive map is available here
– Sign in: 10.15am – Memorial Park Carpark, Gordon Road opposite Tyne Street, Mosgiel. (Note, this is a change of location from the originally advertised Mosgiel Swimming Pool Carpark.)
– Race briefing: 10.45am – all to attend
– Race start: 11.00am across the road, corner of Eden Rd and Gordon Rd.
Cost per race
– All riders $20.00 (you are expected to have a current Cycling NZ membership)
Payment of race fees can be made online in advance (preferred), or on the day in cash.
– Payee: Cycling Otago Inc
– Account: ANZ 01-0906-0005289-00
– Reference: Please include your name and reference ‘JFM’
Please have your entries in before 4pm Friday (Sep 17) for handicapping.
If you enter but can no longer race, please advise either the handicapper or club prior to the race so necessary adjustments can be made.
Prize giving is to be held following the race at the Seddon Park Club rooms.
Trophy and Plaque for overall winner, fastest 2 times (male and female), Fastest male and female 50 years + and 1st to 5th across the line.
We require 3 marshalls for this event to run. Please add your name to the marshall roster here: https://www.cyclingotago.co.nz/?page_id=1121
Enter online at webscorer.com/cyclingotago
This event will operate under COVID Level 2 guidelines, which will be communicated prior to the event and at the race briefing.