Enter now at
Midway Motors Monday Night Racing (MNR) is the marquee road racing series we hold each year. MNR is split into two series across the summer months, with each series consisting of 10 races.
We have Categories 1–4, and 2 junior grades for MNR. There’s a grade for everyone, from those new to cycling, to the seasoned veterans in our club. Our Cat 1 riders usually ride 37km, while juniors and newer riders tend to ride between 15 and 20km.
Series Dates 2023:
25th September: Salisbury circuit
02nd October: Salisbury extended circuit
09th October: Salisbury circuit, finishing up Taioma Road
16th October: Salisbury extended circuit
30th October: Salisbury circuit
06th November: Salisbury extended circuit (finishing up Taioma Road)
13th November: Salisbury extended circuit
20th November: Salisbury circuit
27th November: Salisbury extended circuit
04th December: Criterium
Compulsory Briefing: 6:10pm
Race Start: 6.15pm
- Race Managers and Marshal’s (add your name to the list here) will receive a points allocation at the end of the season (10 rounds) based on an average of their racing results. (points awarded for a maximum of two events only per RM and marshal, after that zero)
- Points allocation per race; 10 points for 1st, down to 1 point for 10th and 0 points thereafter.
- Mechanical ONLY DNF receives 5 points. (if you retire for any other reason then zero)
- If a rider decides to go UP a grade during the season 100% of their points allocation moves with them. If a rider decides to go DOWN a grade 50% of their points move with them.
- If in any event, we do NOT have a placing confirmation of the top ten, 5 points will be allocated to all riders.
Online Entry Page:
Registration for this series of MNR can be done through the Club Webscorer page. Online entry is preferred if at all possible.
Payment of race fees can be made online in advance (preferred) to the bank details below, or on the day in cash.
- Cycling Otago Inc. ANZ 01-0906-0005289-00 (please Include Name and Ref# MNR)
Monday Night Racing is generously supported by Midway Motors Dunedin. Chris Henderson, managing director at Midway Motors is a well-loved member of the Cycling Otago community, who has always had a knack for supporting racing and developing younger riders.
We deeply appreciate the continued support Chris provides in the club, and we hope that our riders choose to support Midway Motors in return.
Every round of MNR requires three volunteers to marshal a corner of the circuit.
Our racing can only go ahead and thrive while we have people willing to offer to fill these positions.
Race Managers and Marshal’s will receive a points allocation at the end of the season (10 rounds) based on an average of their racing results. (points awarded for a maximum of two events only per RM and marshal.
You can add yourself to the marshal roster for MNR through the link here.